Monday, February 16, 2009

DO YOU HAVE THE ANSWERS?

Once again, I read the news and saw the continuation of the loss of life, not only in New Orleans but in surrounding communities. I checked my blog and discovered no one could answer the question I posed. I read on other posts about various clerics – the one in Austria who blamed Katrina on the moral status of New Orleans and the one in England who denied the holocaust. There were responses to those articles and many referred to the issue of pedophilia in Catholic clergy. Accurate, yes, but not the only issue that the Catholic Church and other denominations must face in this city of New Orleans. Why Catholicism can even be shown to have been racially divisive and discriminatory in Louisiana, and yes, New Orleans. Now, it will seek harmony, that which should have been in place for many decades. However, I blame the other denominations for the failure of harmony in this city also. Again I post the same basic question as to the cause of the loss of life and what has given such an impact to it in the city and the surrounding communities. What can we all do? I doubt that there will be any takers but there will be the anger posted elsewhere, an anger that must be smothered in order to create order out of the chaos that exists in New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment