Sunday, February 15, 2009

THE CAUSE OF HOMICIDES IN NEW ORLEANS

Well, I woke this morning to the pecking of RW on the keyboard. I need to send her to school to take course in use of the keyboard. They evidently didn’t teach her at that place on St. Charles. It was quite early and church services were not until later. I inquired as to her purpose and she roared about pay salaries of state employees and how much she was cheated out of because I made her retire. I reminded her that she made the choice and that she enjoyed her new job as a tour guide. She is still busy typing.
I took my laptop and checked the news. Yes, that woman has some valid points. However, I am more disturbed over the situation of New Orleans and the various crimes that have been occurring over the past few years. Floats are ready for parades, people are gathering at various sites throughout the area, and fun is on the minds of most. However, I believe that before the end of this day, death will have stalked the streets of New Orleans and blood will lie somewhere and destroy the celebrations of many.
I, myself, am trying to comprehend the cause of this disaster that continues to plague the city and now the surrounding parishes. Of course, we can blame it on Katrina and the resulting dispersion of so many. However, we cannot afford to blame it on any one ethnic group alone nor on Katrina. To me this is a result of generations of poverty, ignorance, immorality, lack of parental guidance, and yes lack of religious leadership. For the latter I will be highly criticized. Yet, history will show that religious leadership has failed to lead in the past and it has been a cause of the downfall of this city even today. Now that I have thrown this out to those who may read my missive, I would be interested in seeing some responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment